Various questions: sources, querying pick results in the API, execution rules for spreads (line movements pre-execution), how to bet proportional stakes

• 4 posts
    March 12, 2024 9:38 AM GMT

Good morning,

I was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction with a few outstanding questions. First off, please forgive me if any of the following is outright cretinous; I did try rummaging through the FAQs, but to no avail.

1. How to create a source name with hyphens to improve legibility?

2. How to delete a source? (I couldn't spot a delete function on the "My Sources" page; guessing this might be a support task?)

3. Does pickstatus return info about the result of a pick (won/lost/push/void/etc.)? If not, is there any other method to query this in the API?

4. In terms of execution, I'm trying to understand what logic the system applies in the event of line movements. For example, say the following pick is submitted:

"sport": "BASKETBALL",
        "event": "PHOENIX SUNS - CLEVELAND WARRIORS",
        "bet": "PHOENIX SUNS +2 [LIVE]",
        "odds": "1.86"
        etc,

...and the line shifts to +3 @ 1.86 pre-execution, will the system:

a) Place the bet at +2, but at the improved odds now available (similar to an alternative point spread)?
    b) Automatically take the +3? (If so, how is this reported by pickstatus?)
    c) Something else?

5. Lastly, to clarify my understanding of stake settings: if a pick is submitted where stake = 4, and the bot is configured as below:

Staking
    [Stake: 100 GBP | Flat/Relative: Relative | Risked/ToWin: Risked]

...am I right in assuming the bot will place a bet of £400? If that is the case, supposing we have a betting strategy that uses proportional stakes, how do we go about increasing or decreasing stakes based on our current bankroll? Manually changing the bot parameters is obviously one approach, but seeing as the figure could change daily, is there a way to do this programmatically? Alternatively, can stake units be floating-point numbers (e.g. stake = 4.1)? That would work too.

Apologies in advance for the substantial message - bit of a cluster bomb to kill all birds with one stone...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers.

• 50 posts
    March 12, 2024 10:43 AM GMT

Hello,

1/ Currently, you can only use letters and numbers when naming your sources. For better readability, consider using a mix of lowercase and uppercase letters (e.g., "MyValuePicks" instead of "myvaluepicks").

2/ We cannot allow source deletion to ensure complete transparency.  Disallowing deletion prevents deceptive practices where someone could create many sources, keep only the best-performing ones, and delete the rest. However, you can deactivate a source; it will remain visible, but you can easily filter out inactive sources.

3/The Pickstatus API call currently provides information on pick processing and order execution results. Soon, a "Picks and Orders" page will be available at smartbet.io/pagepicksandorders/picksandorders , listing all generated orders and their statuses (won, lost, etc.).  This functionality will also be added to the API.

4/ The bot will always search for the exact market you quote in the pick, checking both main and alternative markets. If the specified market is unavailable, it will report "MARKET NOT FOUND."  If the odds have changed, the bot will only place the bet if the offered odds are better than the minimum specified by the follower - relative to the pick odds. If the odds taken are better than the pick odds, the pick will be recorded with the higher odds. For more details on this process, please see our pick verification model: smartbet.io/forums/topic/40/how-does-smartbet-io-s-pick-verification-work

5/ A 100 GBP RELATIVE RISKED stake for a 4-unit pick results in a 400 GBP bet. Implementing a bankroll-based staking system would mean you'd need to constantly update your bankroll information, so, for simplicity, it would be easier to adjust your staking directly. Currently, unit staking is limited to round numbers from 1 to 10, as trying to implement bankroll-based staking by changing units staked would introduce many challenges.

This post was edited by tango at March 12, 2024 10:52 AM GMT
    • 4 posts
    March 13, 2024 5:07 AM GMT

Understood for the sources and bet execution rules, both make sense.

Happy to hear about the new bet status functionality in the pipeline. Please do let us know when that's released as it'll be very useful.

Thanks as always for the prompt and well-explained reply.

• 3 posts
    March 13, 2024 12:22 PM GMT

Hi, I also wanted to see if it was possible to use the possibility of betting non-integer stakes like: 1.5, but unfortunately it's not possible. However, I live in Italy and I no longer have problems with the QR code, why on smartbet does the status of my bot say QR code problem? this doesn't allow me to use smartbet.

Another thing, in addition to adding via api, to check the status if won, lost etc; if possible via email, find out the winning, losing etc. status. Thank you

• 50 posts
    March 13, 2024 4:03 PM GMT
    cryptoplus said:

Hi, I also wanted to see if it was possible to use the possibility of betting non-integer stakes like: 1.5, but unfortunately it's not possible. However, I live in Italy and I no longer have problems with the QR code, why on smartbet does the status of my bot say QR code problem? this doesn't allow me to use smartbet.

Another thing, in addition to adding via api, to check the status if won, lost etc; if possible via email, find out the winning, losing etc. status. Thank you

You cannot check the status of picks or orders via email.

Please write to our help center about your QR issues, this is not a support forum.

• 3 posts
    March 20, 2024 11:44 AM GMT
    • 50 posts
    March 20, 2024 2:05 PM GMT
    cryptoplus said:

yes, i been created a topic : https://smartbet.io/forums/topic/92/bet365-it-italy

Please contact support via the icon on the bottom left corner of the website This is not a support forum.